Wednesday 16 December 2009

City Clues

From each of the cities we seem to be finding phone numbers that give us a message and a key word clue -it appears that they need to be added in order to unlock the final video:

We have a number of clues and key words discovered so far in various locations that match the coordinates.

In Amsterdam:
The number is 020-203-1120. Here's the message:

"When I was small, my grandmother would whisper rhymes in my ear as I fell asleep. I forget how it ended, but one of them started this way:
While I am sometimes kept in cages
to bring luck to everyone whose ear my sound engages.
Other times you might hear me free
Chirping a jubilant symphony.
I am not to be confused with the game
even though it is true that we share the same name.
When you go camping and you hear me in the thicket
rest assured, I am not some strange bird, just an ordinary..."

In Hong Kong:

We don't have a transcription of this message, but thanks to those over at the Unfiction forum, we found out the key word is "Window"

In Rotterdam:

"When I was small, my grandmother would whisper rhymes in my ear as I fell asleep. I forget how it ended, but one of them started this way - Sometimes I am a greeting when planted on a cheek. Although some men refrain from this so they are not perceived as weak.
I am a symbol of romantic love, but also of friendship deep
In some fairy tales only I can awake the heroine when she is asleep.
When thinking of a sweetheart, I am difficult to dismiss.
When things are very close together, they are often said to..."


In Washington D.C.:
The number is 202-315-3396. This is the message:

"When I was small, my grandmother would tell me about when she sat at the window watching the grey STATIC and especially the red STATIC steal seeds from the birdfeeder. She loved the STATIC big bushy tails and the way that the STATIC would leap nimbly from branch to branch as they stole acorns and seeds from one another. What have I missed? What have I missed?"


In Toronto:

The number is 905-248-3006. This was the message:


"(*static sound*)When I was small my grandmother would wrap me in a warm (*static sound*) when I was cold. She would tell me stories about how snow used to cover the earth like a heavy down filled (*static sound*). That no longer happens not since I've been alive. But I still trace the quilt and the hem of that same (*static sound*). Every morning when I make my bed...What have I missed? What have I missed?"

No comments:

Post a Comment